Tuesday, March 2, 2010

US citizenship

Becoming a US citizen is every immigrant's dream. There is no exception to me too.

I still remembered that day I went to the Oath ceremony. There were more than hundred immigrants who passed the interview and came to the Oath ceremony.

Everyone was very happy and excited because after the ceremony, we would all be US citizens. Some of them even brought the whole family to witness that important moment. But I was by myself because my husband was at home taking care of our kids.

After the Oath ceremony, I got my US citizenship naturalization certification. And I registered to vote. This is one of the US citizen's rights. Now I have right to vote for the senators and also the US president too. That makes me feel I'm really a part of America.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for writing this. Reading this helps remind me of what an honor it is to live in this country. What I was born into is a dream for many others around the world.

    ReplyDelete